Named in honor of Dr. Cedegren, a charter member of NEACEFE, was on the Board of Directors, Editor, and Editor-in-Chief of the NEACEFE Newsletter for many years. Throughout his time on the NEACEFE Board, Ken was highly respected by friend and colleagues. Ken was the Director of Cooperative Education and Career Placement at Roger Williams University.
Nomination and Selection Process:
All NEACEFE members are encouraged to nominate outstanding students from their campuses to receive the award. All nominations must be received by Sept. 20th prior to the fall event. Any award nominations submitted after Sept. 20th will not be considered. The Awards Committee will present their top 3 finalists to the Board for final selection. The winner will receive a certificate and $500. The Cedegren Student Award will be presented to the selected recipient at NEACEFE's fall event.
Criteria and Requirements:
1. Nominated student must be a graduating senior enrolled in an undergraduate program
2. To the nominator’s knowledge, the student is in good academic standing with no current record of academic, disciplinary, social, or current probation.
3. The experience(s) could have occurred any time during the student’s program
4. An artifact of demonstrated learning must be submitted by the nominator. This artifact can be provided by the student, faculty supervisor or employer but must demonstrate the student’s work and accomplishment during the experience. Examples include: journals, reflections, samples of work accomplished at the site personally created by the intern, assignment completed in internship course, etc.
5. A nomination by the NEACEFE member must include a rational that is no more than 1 page single spaced. This rational must describe why the student is deserving of the award and should focus on the student’s co-op, intern or field experience(s). Nominators can include supplemental materials that will showcase the student’s accomplishments. These can include student work samples, evaluations or work from the classroom.
6. OPTIONAL: Nominators can submit the student’s current resumePlease email the nomination and all relevant supporting materials to email@example.com Please indicate the name of the award nomination in the subject line. Please be sure to include both your information and the nominee's information in the submission.